I'm not really one to make resolutions for the new year but I do like to take time to think about what has happened. And for me, it's always good to reflect on accomplishments and lessons learned from the previous year.
Of course for this blog I have to list my fiber-related accomplishments:
- 15 Knitting projects completed
- 34 Blog posts written
- Organized and cataloged my entire yarn stash
- Obtained an awesome PT job at a LYS
- Taught my first knitting class
- Attended a couple knitting group sessions
- Started my knitting Twitter account: DrChopSueyKnits
|Snapshots of 2013 completed projects (from Ravlery)|
Other Accomplishments (in no particular order):
- Completed the second year of my leadership fellowship
- Attained a professional position and started my new career
- Lost (and kept off) 10 pounds - just another five to go!
- Walked (and ran) 3,975,995 steps (1,803 miles and 7,166 flights of stairs) in 2013!
- 22 Books read (since I started keeping track in May)
|Books read from May to December 2013|
- Celebrated my brother purchasing his first house and welcomed his new family into ours
- Watched my husband attain his goals towards becoming healthy and supporting his healthy lifestyle
- Celebrated as my husband realized his career aspirations and took steps towards making it happen
- Adopted Dutch with my parents and watched their relationship grow stronger with this new pup
- Watched Rosie grow more confident and blossom
- Adopted Boe and watched him become 'ohana
- Ran my first 10K
- Celebrated another year of being cancer-free
I also have many (MANY) lessons learned - from professional development to personal interactions. These are a little too personal to go up in the very public blog but it's always good to acknowledge and learn from these experiences and use them to grow (professionally and personally). I am really looking forward to 2014 -- can't wait to see what life has in store!
Happy New Year!